Digi Shield – Huawei 1-Year Extended Warranty
For any enquiries regarding the coverage, please contact Amtrust Mobile Solutions Malaysia Sdn Bhd (formerly known as TPT Agency Sdn Bhd) (750280-K) at 03-92124314 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://cl.amsa.asia
Note: A summary of Terms and Conditions is provided hereunder.
DIGI EXTENDED WARRANTY SERVICE CONTRACT TERMS & CONDITIONS CONTRACT NO. AS PER IMEI NO REGISTERED WITH DIGI FOR DIGI SHIELD PROGRAM
- This Extended Warranty Service Contract (“EW Service Contract”) provides coverage for parts and labor in respect of the covered Product stated on the Invoice/Receipt for inherent mechanical and electrical defects only and only to the extent provided by the manufacturer of the Product; and extends that coverage for a further period of 12 months commencing upon the expiry of the manufacturer’s first year warranty.
- This means that, inclusive of manufacturer’s warranty period, the Product will have a total warranty of 24 months from the date of the Device Sales Invoice / Receipt of the Product, subject to payment of the applicable fee for the Extended Warranty Plan selected.
This EW Service Contract may only be purchased upon purchase of a Product and only covers a Product which:
- Is purchased new;
- Is assembled for use in Malaysia; and
- Included at the time of purchase, the manufacturer’s complete and original warranty that is valid in Malaysia.
- If the manufacturer’s warranty period for the Product has not expired, contact the manufacturer or their authorized repairer directly.
- If the manufacturer’s warranty period for the Product has expired and this EW Service Contract is in effect, please log in via online portal http://cl.amsa.asia for repair authorization. Repairs must only be carried out by the authorized repairer as directed by AmTrust Mobile Solutions Malaysia Sdn Bhd (Co No 750280-K (AMS). No repair is allowed without authorization from AMS.
- For all repairs, this EW Service Contract and the Sales Invoice / Receipt for the Product must be presented.
- Consult your manufacturer’s instructions to determine if the failure to operate is due to circumstances that may be corrected by yourself. If the breakdown is not covered by this EW Service Contract, you will be charged for the cost of repair.
- This EW Service Contract is transferable to the new product that has replaced the original product under the manufacturer’s warranty due to irreparable mechanical failure, and will continue to be valid only if you contact us via http://cl.amsa.asia within 7 working days from the date of replacement to notify of the new product make, model, IMEI number and date of replacement.
SUBMISSION OF REPAIR CLAIM:
It shall be a term of this EW Service Contract that in event of a breakdown that may give rise to a claim for repairs under this EW Service Contract, the Product covered under this EW Service Contract must be presented to the authorized repairer as directed by AMS within the EW Service Contract coverage period and in any case, within fourteen (14) days of such an event happening.
Customer should keep a back-up of copies or written records of all-important content and data stored in the Mobile Device before the delivery of the Mobile Device for EW services, and disable any security passwords. It is customer’s responsibility for reinstallation of all such information, data, software, other applications and passwords in his Mobile Device. AMS shall not under any circumstances be liable, either expressly or impliedly, for any damages or losses of any kind whatsoever resulting from loss of, damage to, or corruption of content or data during repair of the Mobile Device.
- Products that are still covered by the manufacturer’s original written warranty, repairer’s warranty, or any other warranty in effect.
- Any defects that are subject to the manufacturer’s recall.
- Error or omission in design, programming or system configuration
- The manufacturer’s recommended routine maintenance, inspection, cleaning, lubrication, external adjustments and any other instructions.
- Non-operating and cosmetic items, paint, color, or Product finish; accessories used in or with the Product; external cables and cords; glass and lens; add-on options incorporated.
- Unauthorized modifications made to the Product; altered serial numbers; failure to follow manufacturer’s instructions on installation, operation or maintenance; repairs performed by non-authorized repairer; any items not affecting the function of the Products; image burn.
- Software (including operating system and any stored data), defects resulting directly from software installation and or removal, computer virus, virus prevention, and other peripherals.
- Repairs to hardware that has been added after the original purchase of the Product.
- All batteries (including regular (non-chargeable batteries)) unless otherwise as covered above.
- External faults such as wiring, electrical connection or fitting, realigning of signal receivers (poor reception), and consequential loss of any kind.
- Repairs necessitated by accidental or intentional physical damage, spilled liquid unless otherwise as covered above.
- Burglary, theft, corrosion, animal and insect infestation, misuse, neglect and abuse.
- Failure caused by a voltage converter and /or applying incorrect voltage to the Product.
- Diagnosis where no defect has been found or noted.
- Defects and on-site service charges not covered by the manufacturer's original written warranty, unless otherwise as covered above.
- Shipping charges and damage, express service charges, transportation damage, removal, installation or reinstallation of the Product, products on loan during the repair process.
- Commercial use (multi-user organizations), public rental, use for profit or communal use for multi-family housing.
- Any loss or damage to the Product resulting from fire or flood howsoever caused.
- Any loss or damage to the Product resulting from an act of God (including without limitation, events such as earthquake, war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities or warlike operations, civil war, civil commotion).
THIS EW SERVICE CONTRACT IS NOT AN INSURANCE POLICY. IT IS A SERVICE CONTRACT PROVIDING REPAIRS FOR COVERED DEFECTS. IT DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY GUARANTEE OR PROMISE RELATING TO THE NATURE OF THE MATERIAL, WORKMANSHIP OR PERFORMANCE OF THE COVERED PRODUCT.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Coverage will not, under any circumstances, extend to any loss or injury to a person or loss or damage to property or any incidental, contingent, special or any direct or indirect loss and consequential damages including but not limited to losses incurred due to any delay in rendering service related to this EW Service Contract and loss of use during the period that your Product is at an authorized repairer and/or while awaiting parts.
- Replacement parts will be manufacturer’s parts that perform to factory specifications of the product determined at AMS’s’ discretion.
- Beyond economic repair units will be replaced with like for like units where re- manufactured devices may be used. If the device cannot be replaced with an identical device of the same age, quality and condition, it will be replaced with one of comparable specification or the equivalent taking into account the age and condition of the original Mobile Device, provided that the replaced Mobile Device will not exceed the value of the original Mobile Device.
- The replaced Product (the spoilt unit) shall become the property of AMS. Due to technological advances, the replacement product may be of lower retail value than the original Product. Any such replacement will immediately terminate this EW Service Contract with no refund of the EW Service Contract fee and AMS shall have no further obligations for the remainder of the term of this EW Service Contract.
- The total of all benefits paid or payable under this EW Service Contract while it is in force shall not exceed the original purchase price paid by the EW Service Contract purchaser for the Product covered by the EW Service Contract.
This EW Service Contract shall terminate immediately with no refund of the EW Service Contract fee in the event of any of the following:
- Subsequent sales of the Product when no written request to transfer this EW Service Contract to the new owner has been received by AMS;
- Disposal or repossession of the Product;
- Unauthorized repair, replacement or modification of the Product; or
- If the Product is moved out of the country of purchase, it will not be covered by this EW Service Contract.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
Any personal information collected and retained by AMS is for the purpose of affirming the extended warranty coverage and fulfill the obligations of the same as well as to update the purchaser on the necessary services and awareness of the related products (if any). Kindly be informed that in order to provide the extended warranty coverage, the purchaser’s personal information may be held, used and disclosed by AMS or by any of its contracted service provider in order to support back-end processing and collateral services associated with the extended warranty coverage.
This is the entire agreement between AMS and the Purchaser of this EW Service Contract and no other oral or written representation is valid. In the event of any inconsistency between the English text and text in other languages, the English version shall prevail.
NOTICE UNDER PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT 2010
For the purposes of this Notice, the terms “personal data” and “processing” shall have the same meaning as prescribed in the Act.
- This written notice serves to inform you that your personal data is being processed by or on behalf of AmTrust Mobile Solutions Malaysia Sdn Bhd (AMS).
- The personal data processed by us may include your name, national identity card number, contact number and address including your sensitive personal data (if any) provided by you in the documents as prescribed in paragraph 4 of this notice.
We are processing your personal data, including any additional information you may subsequently provide, for the following purposes (“Purposes”):
- (a) processing your application of your AMS Protection plans;
- (b) managing and administering such plans;
- (c) facilitating or enabling any checks that we or by any third party (appointed by us) conduct on you from time to time;
- (d) complying with any relevant laws;
- (e) assisting any government agencies or bureaus or bodies including for the purposes of police or regulatory investigations;
- (f) storing your personal data in our database archives;
- (g) facilitating your compliance with any laws or regulations applicable to you as our customer;
- (h) responding to your enquiries;
- (i) conducting our internal activities, internal market surveys and trend analysis;
- (j) to manage and service our relationship with you and provide you with better customer services;
- (k) for the handling of claims; or
- (l) such other purposes as may be related to the foregoing.
- Your personal data is and will be collected from you and/or from the information you have provided in the application form as well in any other AMS forms that you have been asked to complete, together with other information that we may obtain about you from oral or written communications.
- You may make inquiries, complaints or request for access to or update and correction of your personal data or limit the processing of your personal data at any time hereafter by contacting our Customer Care Department at http://cl.amsa.asia
- In accordance with the Act, we may refuse to comply with your request for access or correction to your personal data and if we refuse to comply with such request, we will inform you of our refusal and reason for our refusal.
- Your personal data may be disclosed to the AMS Group related companies, associates, affiliates, all governmental departments and/or agencies, regulatory and/or statutory bodies, business partners and/or service providers, other insurance companies and reinsurers and/or professionals that AMS engages.
- If you fail to supply to us the above personal data, we may not be able to process your personal data for any of the above Purposes.
- You are responsible for ensuring that the personal data you provide us is accurate, complete and not misleading and that such personal data is kept up to date.
- Accordingly, we trust that you will consent and agree to the terms above with respect to our processing of your Personal Data. If we do not receive any response from you on the above, we shall assume that you are agreeable to the same.
Please fill up your particulars and
Your enquiry has been sent.
We will be in touch with you soonest possible.
Continue to surf
Your enquiry has been sent.
We will be in touch with you soonest possible.
Continue to surf